Eist Cancer support centre in Carlow are currently recruiting fro a Communications and Fundraising Co-Ordinator.
Summary of Role and Responsibilities:
The Communications and Fundraising Co-Ordinator will be part of a team comprising of a Service Manager, Board of Directors, Nurses and Therapists and part time volunteers. The Communications and Fundraising Co-ordinator will co-ordinate and oversee all communications and fundraising activities in line with the organization’s overall strategy and implementation plans. They will report to and work closely with the Service Manager and Board of Directors.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Social Media and Communications:
- To develop and deliver a Communications and PR strategy in line with the organisational strategy, to include development of relevant policies and procedures and a three year implementation plan.
- To develop and deliver media campaigns to raise awareness of the services offered by Éist and co-ordinate the planning and management of events.
- To be responsible for planning social content and maintaining the content calendar ensuring social media content is regular, relevant and engaging – engaging with social media followers to build relationships with the digital community and encourage engagement.
- To manage website updates and continuous improvement of the website.
- To oversee internal communication standards across the organisation, with particular regard to communication with our clients.
Fundraising / Other Responsibilities:
- To develop and deliver an annual programme of fundraising initiatives.
- To provide support to service users / other parties who are fundraising for Éist.
- To identify sources of funding and complete grant applications to relevant bodies and local businesses.
Management and Administration:
- Data collection for software systems.
- To help develop operational policies and procedures to ensure consistent service delivery and good governance.
- To work with the Service Manager on other aspects of the day to day running of the centre.
This is an exciting new position and an opportunity to make a valuable contribution to Éist. The successful candidate will be a motivated and professional individual who has a passion to assist Éist develop its vital service in County Carlow. They will assist in raising the profile of Éist and raise much needed funds. They will be adaptable and comfortable working on their own initiative and as a strong team player.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Experience in communications, media, public relations, marketing and fundraising roles.
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and interpersonal with an eye for detail.
- A desire to work at a fast pace and multi-task.
- Be organised and flexible with a passion for helping others.
- Strong influencing skills and the ability to build relationships across the organisation and with stakeholders.
- Ability to manage resources and deadlines while maximising results.
- Ability to work as part of a team, including willingness to support work colleagues during busy periods.
- Experience in the not-for-profit sector is an advantage.
- A third level qualification in public relations and media would be desirable.
- Salary negotiable.
- The role is Part Time – 20 / 25 hours.
- Some evenings and weekend work may be required.
- The role is subject to successful completion of a 6 month probationary period.
- The position is based at Éist Cancer Support Centre, 46 Idrone Park, O’Brien Road, Carlow Town.
Closing date for applications: 5pm Monday 4th October To Apply CLICK HERE
Éist Cancer Support Centre is an equal opportunity employer.