Carlow town benefits from e-bike share scheme
Carlow Climate Action Group in conjunction with Carlow County Council are delighted to announce the launch of their Pilot e Bike Scheme in Carlow town on Friday 22nd September at 11am in the Exchange in Carlow Town which is world Car Free day. All are welcome.
Carlow Co Co have entered into a partnership with Bolt ITX Limited to carry out a pilot E Bike share Scheme in Carlow Town and at the end of September 2023. There will be 50 electric bikes available for hire across 30 strategic locations in Carlow Town.
These locations include but are not limited to:
• Carlow Train Station
• Carlow Bus Park
• Fairgreen Shopping Centre
• Carlow Town Hall
• The Exchange, Carlow Town Centre
• Athy Road ( near 7 oaks & HSE)
• Carlow Post Office
• Askea Church
• Dunne Stores area ( Near you!)
• Carlow Credit Union
The pilot scheme includes:
• Minimum 1 Okai EB100 eBike bike for every 500 inhabitants throughout the Carlow urban area
• geofenced parking locations / virtual parking bays ( no need for bulky bike stands)
• Dockless parking units
• Price per minute for users — 0.18 euros, with no unlock fee
To rent a Bolt e-bike, customers must download the Bolt APP and a payment card tied to their account.